Friday, April 18, 2008

A healthy doze of discipline


The family and I went to see a stage play couple of days ago. The play was ok, well rehearsed enough to be entertaining. Though personally I think the director’s heart to heart with the audience in the beginning and during curtain call was much more amusing than the show itself but still, I have no complaints. It was time well spent.
But that is not why I am mentioning it in my blog. Reason I am writing about it is because of something the management said and did.
The management had said that the doors will close at 8:30 sharp.
Late comers will not be admitted.
And to my surprise they did exactly that.
I know this “starting events on time" may be taken for granted in some places but in Pakistan very few have the guts to actually do it. So hats of to "Shah Sharabeel" and the “Bombay Dreams” team for meaning what they said.
I think it is about time we Pakistanis were given a few more of these much needed healthy dozes of discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment